| The Project |

I decided that for the babies 1st Birthdays (My son, my niece, and my nephew), I'd create them each a "Busy Book". It's going to be sort of an activity book, where they have to undo buttons, zip zippers, snap snaps, use magnets, and a bunch of other fun activities. It will help them learn to match shapes, colors, and numbers. Each book will be slightly different, a more girly spin for my niece, Lily. A more boyish spin for my son Hayden, and my nephew Dawson.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Cupcakes! Mmm!

These little delicious looking cupcakes were a crapload of work. *sigh* I stuffed each of the muffin tops, and hot glued each individual rhinestone "sprinkle". Thank God I only have to do it for one book!

These will eventually have numbers glued onto the cupcake paper, and on the purple background, will have a number+velcro attached, so that it will be a sort of number matching/counting task.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! Oh man I'm a big cupcake fan - Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha YES! I finally figured out what you meant by "look at my siggie"

    This is awesome Taryn! Best gift ever! My sister and I had a quiet book when we were little that my grandma made. It is by FAR my favorite child hood keep sake. I asked for one for Zoe's first b-day and my old one has been sitting downstairs in my mom's sewing room for the past few months. I haven't said anything about it, but I am hoping by it being there, she is working on one!!

    ReplyDelete